Saturday, May 7, 2011

Running running.....

This past Monday, I went out and did the 6.5 miles! I decided that the gym doesn't work for me for these longer runs. My arms get cramped from holding them up so that they don't hit the machine and it just gets way too hot.

This past Monday, the weather was in the 80's but there was a little breeze, so it actually felt really nice! I did a little loop that consisted of running by my church and my favorite grocery store. It included a hill, but of course I made sure that was in the first half rather than the second half!

And the miracle of this run was that I didn't have any music with me! I used my itouch so I could see how far I was going (used the nike hook-up), but my itouch doesn't have any music. It surprised me that I was able to run with just a song in my head! haha.

I ran at a REALLY slow pace though (that might also be due to the lack of no music and stopping for stoplights). I'm not going to worry about it for now, I am just going to try to increase my endurance.

-C

1 comment: