Monday, April 18, 2011

Power of motivation

Last week was a bit busier, and I did not feel like doing my 6 miles, so I ran 4 last week and saved the 6 miles for today.....(but in my mind, I would have been pleased with 5 or 5.5.... ha).

So, this afternoon, I got ready to do my weekly "long" run. As I was leaving the apartment, I said goodbye to B-ran and I told him I was attempting to run 6 miles today. This is further than I have ever gone (especially in one stretch). I sounded very unsure in my proclamations of running.... so Brandon would not let me leave until I made him sure that I could do it and that I wanted to do it!

So I just did it!

Man, so much of it is a mental game. I felt stomach-sick after 2 miles and I thought that the rest was going to be miserable, but it got better!

Once B-ran is done with finals, I am still planning on taking him on a run down at pacific beach along the boardwalk. I hear that it is 3.5 miles-- just x that by 2 and that could be my 7 mile run!

And a shout out to my cousin who just finished the Boston marathon! I am so proud of her. She is incredible.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment