Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tomorrow......

I will be attempting 4.5 miles. I decided my "long" runs are on Mondays and the rest of the week, I will just be working on getting stronger in general and getting my heart rate up.

So, don't mind the fact that L is running double of what I am running, I am just a newbie at this longer running deal :) She is pretty awesome!

Yesterday I worked my gluteal muscles :) (I was only at the gym for like 30 minutes because BYU was about to play, so I couldn't stay long...)Anyway, they are a little sore today! It feels great though, I love when I am sore.

Tomorrow I feel like I will get bored fast.... any tips for staying entertained while running longer distances on a treadmill-- and "long" is all relative, right??

-C

4 comments:

  1. I go to the library and get health magazines.. keeps me motivated when I am running on the treadmill. OR buy a new song on itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to books on CD...it makes the time go so much faster when you're listening to a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. 4.5 IS a long run!
    B. You guys are awesome and I love the idea of this blog.
    C. I miss working out and wish I could join you!
    D. Long runs on a treadmill are my nightmare. Take it outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to buy new songs every few weeks- ones that I love and will sing to as I run (the people at the gym probably think I'm crazy.) ex: Empire State of Mind. And I exchanged running mixes with my sisters for variety. But I can't go past 5 on a treadmill....it's killer boring. Way to go Chuck!

    ReplyDelete