Sunday, March 20, 2011

I feel cool...

Okay not gonna lie I feel peretty dang awesome right now because I'm actually writing on a BLOG!..let only with my amazing and beautiful sisters.
Just a little about myself...
*I don't really like this thing called "running.."but for some reason I do it anyways..maybe its all those endorphins that magically turn my day around.
*I have played soccer, basketball, flag football, and volleyball and wasn't all that great at any of them. So i run:)
*I completed my first season of cross country this past fall and had a blast!
* Right now I am participating in my third season of track-i run the 100 and 300 hurdles...and yes, i have proof through scars, scrapes, bruises, or "abrasions"..as some call them.

This past week I had two track meets. Wednesday we had our first one and had quite the adventure. Good news first: I qualified for regionals the 100H!! okay now the bad news: for the 300H I was in 2nd place behind this girl that I've always thought of as being quite quick and on the last hurdle, I tripped and ate it. hard. Luckily, I was able to finish the race in 5th place but nevertheless..It still hurt. But i guess you can officially call me a "real" hurdler considering that was my first real fall.

After multiple applications of neosporin, huge band aids, and even a homemade bandage (consisting of cutting off the "toes" of an old sock in the mismatch pile and sliding it over my knee)..I was able to have a great race at the meet on Saturday!!

-M

3 comments:

  1. Good job mads... you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want to see this sock contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sad is it that were the only ones commenting on OUR OWN BLOG hahahah

    ReplyDelete